Thank you for your interest in being of service at the fellowship level in ITAA! Service is not only an invaluable tool for our own recoveries, it also helps the entire ITAA fellowship—from newcomers at their first meeting, to old-timers, to the groups, and the fellowship as a whole. Below is a list of our international service positions and committees.
Upcoming ITAA committee meetings and International Service Meetings
Fellowship-level service positions
- Chairpersons: There are 2 co-chairs for the International Service Meetings who are elected to 6-month terms. Each co-chair manages one ISM per month. The duties of the Chairpersons are to chair the ISM and also to update and maintain these written guidelines so that they remain current. They work with the Secretaries to finalize the agenda. If you are interested in being a co-chairperson, please email email@example.com.
- Secretaries: There are 2 Co-secretaries for the International Service Meetings who are elected to 12-month terms. Each co-secretary manages one ISM per month. The secretaries take minutes during the ISM and create the agenda for the meeting. They work with the Chairpersons to finalize the agenda. If you are interested in being a co-secretary, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Co-Webmaster: ITAA has at least 2 Co-Webmasters (though there may be more than 2) who may be elected for terms up to 2 years in length (shorter terms are also acceptable). The co-webmasters maintain, update, and modify ITAA’s website in service of the fellowship group conscience. The webmasters also manage ITAA’s Zoom accounts, Google Ads account, and meeting calendar. The co-webmasters have the authority to make minor changes to the website that are in the spirit of the existing website. Any drastic changes, new sections, or substantial disagreement can be referred to the ISM. If you are interested in being a co-webmaster, please email email@example.com.
- Co-treasurer: There are 2 Co-Treasurers who are elected to 12-month terms. The treasurers maintain ITAA’s accounts and record any spending and donations. The treasurers typically present a report to the International Service Meetings on the first weekend of each month. The treasurers do not have the power to independently make spending decisions. A decision to take on a new expense must be made by the International Service Meeting. If you are interested in being a co-treasurer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email responder: ITAA’s email responders help respond to general inquiries sent through the ITAA website. This may involve providing information about ITAA, our meeting schedule, the resources on our website, or redirecting messages to other trusted servants (i.e., the secretaries, webmasters, a specific committee, or a specific group). Typically, the weekly time commitment for each Email Responder is usually 15 to 30 minutes. Email responders must have at least 3 months in ITAA, and each elected Email Responder may choose their term length, from 3 months up to 2 years. If you are interested in being an Email Responder, please email email@example.com.
- Group Service Representative (GSRs): GSRs are elected by groups to help represent them at ITAA’s International Service Meetings, and they ensure that our groups’ voices are heard when making fellowship-level decisions. Groups are encouraged to hold group consciences to elect GSRs and to define the service requirements, responsibilities, and term lengths. The following resource contains more information on GSRs:
What is a ‘Group Service Representative’ in ITAA?
- Interpersonal Safety Committee: This committee works on guidelines and procedures for dealing with inappropriate behavior within ITAA, including actions or comments that are aggressive, sexual, or discriminatory in nature. Participation is open to all. If you are interested in being part of the Interpersonal Safety Committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Legal Affairs Committee: This committee has been formed to propose a plan for non-profit incorporation for ITAA, to carry out this plan once it has been approved by an International Service Meeting, and to discuss and propose bylaws for ITAA. Participation is open to all. If you are interested in being part of the Legal Affairs Committee, please email email@example.com.
- Literature Committee: The Literature Committee writes long-form and printed literature to support our fellowship’s primary purpose. Participation is open to all. If you can’t attend the meeting time due to time zone issues, please reach out to the contact person. We are currently writing a basic text for ITAA, and we are seeking recovery stories from members with at least 6 months in ITAA, stable sobriety as they understand it, and who are working the Steps—more information can be found here. For any questions or comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Public Relations Committee: This committee has two service roles: Organizers and Interviewees. Organizers manage incoming interview requests, conduct public outreach, write and maintain resources that go out to journalists, and keep the International Service Meeting updated with reports, and any member is welcome to be an Organizer and join our meetings. Interviewees are members who are notified when a message is sent through the website requesting to interview a member of ITAA about our fellowship or program of recovery. To be an interviewee, members should have 5 months in ITAA, be attending meetings regularly, be working the 12 steps, and have at least some sobriety as they define it. Committee members may choose one or both of these service roles. If you are interested in being part of the Public Relations Committee, please join one of our monthly meetings or email email@example.com.
- SEO / Google Ads Subcommittee: This subcommittee is focused on improving our Google Ads and search engine optimization to help ensure our fellowship is as accessible as possible to those who need it. This group is a subcommittee of the Web Content Committee.
- Web Content Committee: In this committee we discuss, edit, and write content for our website. Every member is invited to participate, with a committee membership requirement of having attended at least 6 ITAA meetings. If you are interested in being part of the Web Content Committee, please feel free to join any of our meetings on the calendar. You are also welcome to email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Website translation: If you would like to translate the ITAA website into another language, you can help carry our message non-English speaking addicts. If you are interested in helping translate the site, please email email@example.com
Page last updated on August 27, 2023