Thank you for your interest in being of service at the fellowship level in ITAA! Service is not only an invaluable tool for our own recoveries, it also helps the entire ITAA fellowship—from newcomers at their first meeting, to old-timers, to the groups, and the fellowship as a whole.
Upcoming ITAA committee meetings and business meetings
Open service positions and committees
- Chairpersons: There are 3 co-chairs for the international business meetings who are elected to 6-month terms. Each co-chair manages one business meeting every 6 weeks. The duties of the Chairpersons are to chair the business meetings and also to update and maintain these written guidelines so that they remain current. They work with the Secretaries to finalize the agenda. If you are interested in being a co-chairperson, please email email@example.com.
- Secretaries: There are 3 Co-secretaries for the international business meetings who are elected to 12-month terms. Each co-secretary manages one business meeting every 6 weeks. The secretaries take minutes during the business meeting and create the agenda for the meeting. They work with the Chairpersons to finalize the agenda. If you are interested in being a co-secretary, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Co-Webmaster: ITAA has at least 2 Co-Webmasters (though there may be more than 2) who may be elected for terms up to 2 years in length (shorter terms are also acceptable). The co-webmasters maintain, update, and modify ITAA’s website in service of the fellowship group conscience. The webmasters also manage ITAA’s Zoom accounts, Google Ads account, and meeting calendar. The co-webmasters have the authority to make minor changes to the website that are in the spirit of the existing website. Any drastic changes, new sections, or substantial disagreement can be referred to the fellowship business meeting. If you are interested in being a co-webmaster, please email email@example.com.
- Co-treasurer: There are 2 Co-Treasurers who are elected to 12-month terms. The treasurers maintain ITAA’s accounts and record any spending and donations. The treasurers typically present a report to the business meeting on the first weekend of each month. The treasurers do not have the power to independently make spending decisions. A decision to take on a new expense must be made by the international business meeting. If you are interested in being a co-treasurer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Literature committee: The Literature Committee is discussing a unified wording of the 12 Steps of ITAA, as there are several different versions currently in use. We will present a draft to the fellowship for approval. In the future, we may look at the 12 Traditions, the Mission Statement/Preamble, the Characteristics of Internet and Technology Addiction, and writing an ITAA Step-work Guide. Participation is open to all. If you are interested in being part of the Literature Committee, please email email@example.com.
- Web Content Committee: The committee discusses content review and structure and the whole fellowship is invited to participate, with a committee membership requirement of having attended at least 6 meetings. If you are interested in being part of the Web Content Committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Website translation: If you would like to translate the ITAA website into another language, you can help carry our message non-English speaking addicts. If you are interested in helping translate the site, please email email@example.com.
- Incorporation Committee: This committee has been formed to propose a plan for non-profit incorporation for ITAA, to carry out this plan once it has been approved by a fellowship wide business meeting, and to discuss and propose bylaws for ITAA’s fellowship and service structure. Participation is open to all. If you are interested in being part of the Incorporation Committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interpersonal Safety Committee: This committee works on guidelines and procedures for dealing with inappropriate behavior within ITAA, including responding to actions or comments that are aggressive, sexual, or discriminatory in nature. Participation is open to all. If you are interested in being part of the Interpersonal Safety Committee, please email email@example.com.
- In-person Meeting Committee: The committee is planning for ways to support in-person meetings when permitted safely. If you are interested in being part of the In-person Meeting Committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Public Relations Committee: This committee is made up of members who would be notified when a message is sent through the website requesting to interview a member of ITAA about our fellowship or program of recovery. The committee will manage incoming requests, maintain language that goes out to journalists, and keep the fellowship business meeting updated with reports. To be a part of this committee, members should have 5 months in ITAA, be attending meetings regularly, be working the 12 steps, and have at least some sobriety as they define it. If you are interested in being part of the Public Relations Committee, please email email@example.com.
- Annual Global Conference Committee: This committee has been formed to plan and run the annual ITAA global conference, to take place around our birthday (June 23). This committee will decide what events and activities will take place (meetings, speakers, social etc) over what time frame (24hrs, 48hrs, a week etc) as well as managing any necessary budget and finding volunteers to run the conference. If you are interested in being part of the Annual Global Conference Committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email responder: Currently four ITAA members help respond to emails through the website, and they welcome any members who wish to join them. If you are interested in being an Email Responder, please email email@example.com.
- Meeting Format Committee: To committee discusses and implements changes to the suggested meeting format. This committee is given the authority to change the script, but can refer any substantial disagreement back to the business meeting. Participation is open to all. This committee is currently dormant. If you are interested in reviving it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. There is also a motion awaiting discussion at the business meeting to absorb this committee into the web content committee.