Welcome to ITAA! We’re glad you found our fellowship and are learning the good news that there’s hope for internet and technology addicts. If you’re brand new, here are a few suggestions on how to get started.
- We recommend that you try joining one of our online/phone meetings or a face-to-face meeting in your local area. It is generally recommended to attend 6 meetings in a short time frame before deciding whether this program is right for you. There is no need to receive permission before joining a meeting. We’re very friendly and welcoming of newcomers, and you will have the opportunity to share what you’re going through or ask any questions. It’s also okay to just listen in.
- If you’re looking for immediate relief, an effective approach is to attend 90 meetings in 90 days. This practice gives us support on a 24 hour basis, so that we need only get through one day at a time as we recover. It is a good way to kickstart recovery and can serve as a lifeline.
- As you get to know other members through the meetings, reach out to people you resonate with and set up phone calls. This is a great way to share your story, ask questions, and receive guidance.
- When you feel ready to go a bit deeper, we have a list of tools and practices that many of our members have found useful as we’ve gotten sober from our addiction. You can find information about these tools on our Tools of Recovery page. You can also read and listen to the stories of recovering addicts, or look through our stepwriting resources.
- It is OK (and a good idea) to take it slow. Recovery takes time. This is a gentle program. We take it day by day.
Again, welcome. We hope that what you find here may be of help to you.