Welcome to ITAA! We’re glad you found our fellowship and are learning the good news that there’s hope for internet and technology addicts. If you’re brand new, here are a few suggestions on how to get started.
- You can read over some of the common signs of internet and technology addiction to help you understand whether you may have an addiction.
- We recommend that you try joining one of our online/phone meetings or a face-to-face meeting in your local area. It is generally recommended to attend 6 meetings in a short time frame before deciding whether this program is right for you. There is no need to receive permission before joining a meeting. We’re very friendly and welcoming of newcomers, and you will have the opportunity to share what you’re going through or ask any questions. It’s also okay to just listen in. There’s no pressure or commitment, and it’s always alright if you end up deciding that this isn’t the right fit for you.
- We have support groups on Whatsapp and Slack for staying connected outside of meetings. This is also a great place to meet other members and to ask questions.
- We have a list of tools and practices that many of our members have found very useful as we’ve gotten sober from our addiction. In particular, many newcomers start by writing top, middle, and bottom lines. You can find information about this tool and others on our Tools of Recovery page.
- We have some in-progress literature for a more in-depth exploration of our program. You can also read and listen to the stories of recovering addicts.
Again, welcome. We hope some of what you find here may be of help to you. If you have any other questions, feel free to write us through the contact form on our website.